+ WHAT TYPES OF PELVIC SYMPTOMS MAY BE ADDRESSED BY HPC?
ANY PELVIC IMBALANCE IS ADDRESSED BY HANDS-ON PELVIC CARE INCLUDING:
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse, rectocele/cystocele
- Birth trauma
- Painful menstruation, PCOS, endometriosis
- Loss of sensation or numbness in pelvic bowl
- Decreased sexual function and libido/orgasm
- Abnormal PAP tests
- Inferitlity and difficulty conceiving
- Irritable bowl syndrome or constipation
- Fascial and scar tissue adhesion
- Decreased range of motion and movement in the pelvic bowl
- Frequent urinary tract infections or urine leakage
- Episiotomies, birth tears, cesarean section
- Pain or imbalance in pelvic bowl after an IUD
- Decreased health and vitality
+ WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER RECEIVING HPC CARE?
THE RESULTS AND BENEFITS WOMEN HAVE FOUND WITH HPC™ CARE:
- Increased sensation
- Deeper connection to emotional and physical body
- Relief from painful symptoms
- Recover movement and range of motion in pelvic bowl
- Increased blood flow and nerve funtion
- Higher sense of self worth and empowerment
- A greater sense of boundaries
- Improved sexual function
- Menstrual period that is in harmony and balance with the body
- A sense of connection to cycles and rhythyms of the female body
- Alignment of pelvic bowl organs
- Hightened sense of awareness and presence
+ HPC can also assist women with mental and emotional challenges such as:
- Unresolved sexual abuse and trauma
- Low self-worth
- Inability to deeply connect with and listen to your body
- Deep fears, anxiety, shame, or sense of powerlessness held in the body
- Birth trauma or fear of giving birth
- Inability to connect with others
- Inability to connect with baby after birth
- Post-partum depression
+ What if I don’t have any symptoms?
The goal of HPC™ is to empower a woman to inhabit her pelvic space and occupy her feminine power and grounding in a physical, spiritual, an energetic, and emotional way. The pelvis serves a woman in many ways and yet receives little direct care. Many women in our society have never connected with their own pelvic space. The benefits of reconnecting with this sacred space include increased vitality, creativity, and a deep sense of well-being.
+ What can I expect in a HPC session?
Your session will begin with a detailed intake history and goals. We will introduce/review pelvic anatomy and I will conduct a brief pelvic evaluation including palpation and identification of tension patterns. The assessment is followed by treatment to balance the pelvis. This includes visceral work and fascial release in combination with breathwork and visualization tools to assist core physical and energetic balance.
+ What effects will I notice after a HPC session?
Women describe immediate effects, including a new awareness and sense of well-being in the core. Women also describe feeling more relaxed and centered, having a greater sense of support, and finding an increased strength in their pelvic muscles. On a clinical level, the bodywork increases blood and energy flow, revitalizes a woman’s root area, and enhances her overall pelvic health.
+ Is HPC painful?
HPC™ is gentle and respectful, and it follows the lead of the body. It should never hurt and the response of a woman’s body guides the depth and direction of the hands-on work. Though HPC™ is gentle, the effects are profound and women often notice a change with even one session.
+ I’m pregnant – can I receive HPC?
HPC™ utilizes both physical touch and energetic tools. The release of tension and long-held patterns during a session can be quite profound. When you are pregnant, the pelvic bowl is in a period of gestation visualization and energetic tools can be done safely and can help to prepare the body for labour and delivery. This can be especially helpful when planning for a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean) or when previous birth trauma is present.
+ Can HPC be done postpartum?
The process of healing after childbirth is greatly assisted by HPC™ and any imbalances that may have occurred during pregnancy or birth can be addressed early on. Six weeks postpartum is the time to begin. Bodywork on the pelvis can assist healing for any trauma that occurred during the birth process. Women describe feeling more peaceful, even after one treatment session, which can ease their transition to motherhood. If a woman is struggling after a traumatic birth experience, external hands-on work can also be initiated immediately to calm her postpartum body and spirit.
+ What can HPC do for a Cesarean section?
The body will benefit from HPC™ after a Cesarean birth, with fascial work directly applied to the Cesarean mark and internal work to address the imbalances caused by any prolonged vaginal birth attempt. Again, if there is any disappointment that arises from having a Cesarean, bodywork helps to relieve this disappointment and allows the mother to process the birth event.
+ Do you do Scar Tissue work?
Yes, Scar Tissue Remediation (STREAM) is offered in conjunction with all other treatments.
What problems does STREAM solve?
Scar tissue remediation works to resolve pain related to:
- birth, abdominal, pelvic and reproductive surgeries
- biomechanical, postural, and physical imbalances
- biochemical imbalances including bladder, gut and reproductive issues
- gender reassignment surgeries, cosmetic genital surgery, and FGM.
These include but are not limited to bladder, cervical, uterine and rectal prolapses, Cesarean scars, interstitial cystitis, vulvodinia, vaginismus, episiotomies, birth tears, prolapse repairs, genital reconfiguration, and plastic surgery.
How does STREAM work?
Scar tissue remediation work happens in a one-on-one setting with a qualified practitioner. The work includes hands-on manipulation, trauma counseling, client education about self-care protocols, support for lifestyle and nutritional changes, along with active relaxation tools. It takes all of these elements to remediate and manage scar tissue, minimize inflammation to discourage its proliferation, and engage the nervous system to change one's relationship to pain. Clients experience healing at the root level.
*this information has been compiled from http://www.scartissueremediation.com/stream
+ How much does each session cost?
All treatments are $120 for a 75 minute session.
+ How long is each session?
All treatment sessions are 75 minutes. The first session is a little longer so we have time for a medical history intake, and so I know your intentions and goals with the work.
+ What is your Cancellation Policy?
24 hours notice for cancellations is required or you will be billed for the session. Subsequent sessions will not be booked until previous payment is received. Emergencies are exceptions.
+ Are Treatments covered by Insurance?
Treatment Receipts are covered by most Health Benefit Plans. However, Holistic Pelvic Care™ sessions are not covered by insurance companies.
*This content was compiled by Tami Lynn Kent at www.wildfeminine.com